Announcing a NEW way for kids to learn about engineering!
Remember, just last week when we were talking about HOW to get kids excited about STEM?
We’re excited to announce a NEW program that checks all those boxes!
The Future City Experience
We’ve been working with Engineers Canada for the last few months to design a program that….
- is well supported
- solves real & relevant problems
- is flexible (for online & in person participation)
- creates curisoity for kids
The Future City program has been around for a while. In fact, three years ago we were judging at a full Future City competition!
The Future City Experience is designed to be an abbreviated version of the annual Future City Competition for students in grades 6, 7, and 8, and is meant for educators and students who have not participated in the Future City Competition before.
With the Future City Experience classes get…
- access to a virutal mentor (an engineer or engineering student)
- Live Q&A’s with engineers from diverse disciplines and backgrounds
- student & educator resources
- to join the Showcase – student teams show off their hard work and get direct feedback from real engineers
These models (from the full Future City Competition) were designed and developed by teams of students after months of hard work. The winning student team from this competition went on to compete in Washington at the international event.
Here’s what we need from you…
Engineers & engineering students to volunteer! Sign up today to become an FCE mentor
Teachers – to find out more and register your class visit exploreengineering.ca