Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
I’m just one person, what can I do?
First of all – we’re so excited you align with our vision and want to get involved! There are loads of ways you can start Here are a few ideas:
- Organize or volunteer at a local National Engineering Month event
- Volunteer to be an Engineer-in-Residence at your local school
- Talk to your organization about starting a STEM outreach committee – we can help you with that!
- Volunteer with Engineers of Tomorrow! We love to work with volunteers – talk to us about your interests and skills.
Help! I’m doing some Engineering outreach and I don’t know what activity to do…
We have access to a huge catalogue of tried-and-tested, hands-on, interactive activities we can share with you – but generally our advice is… stop worrying about finding the ‘perfect’ activity! Consider the experience you are creating for you audience and how you can connect with them by telling your “Engineering story”. Long after someone has forgotten a particular fact or figure they’ll remember you and your enthusiasm for engineering. Not sure how to tell your story? We can help you there too. Check out our “Telling your Engineering Story” webinar replay – or contact us for more advice.
My daughter/son/niece/nephew (etc.) wants to be an Engineer, what resources do you have for them?
- Booklists – Download PDF
- great websites
- EIR flyer to give to teacher – EIR Flyer Download
- Subscribe to our newsletter so you stay up-to-date on our latest news.