In case you haven’t yet figured it out….one of the MOST important things we do is to help engineers fall in love with engineering again.
- Love your work and your life too. These days, a lot of engineers are even working from home. The boundaries of “work-life balance” can get a little blurry. Engineering can be a demanding career. But it’s rewarding! Helping people. Making the world a better place. That’s the impact of engineering.
- Be creative. It’s a MYTH that engineers just need math and science. Engineers solve problems. New problems happen all the time – which requires NEW ways of thinking (aka. creativity!). Or, old problem require NEW creative solutions!
- Work with great people. Engineering is about helping PEOPLE! The BEST engineers (a) work in teams, and (b) design things for the end user. That means you get to connect with all kinds of great people!
- Solve problems. Design things that matter. Enough said!
- Never be bored! A career in engineering means that you are ALWAYS learning new things and new ways of doing old things.
- Earn a big salary. Yup. If having a financially stable future is one of your goals, engineering can get you there!
- Enjoy job flexibility. Engineering can L.I.T.E.R.A.L.Y. take you ANYWHERE!
- Travel. If that’s your thing….engineering can involve a lot of field work. That means you get to step out of the office and GO places!
- Make a difference. Our world would not be what it is today without engineering. Period. From the clean water you drink, to the car you drive, to the technology in your hand…engineering underpins every aspect of modern life.
- Change the world. At EoT, our vision is that one day every Canadian – regardless of gender, ethnicity, orientation, religion, ability or thinking style – understands the power of engineering to unlock and shape positive societal change. We look forward to a day when everyone understands there’s a place for them in engineering.
Your turn! Why do YOU love engineering?